ReadyToVote WebBanner 728x90

Primary Election: Tuesday, May 17, 2022


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How do I register to vote?

How do I find out if I'm registered to vote?

I'm a member of the military or an overseas civilian voter. What are my options?

How do I change my name? My Address? My political affiliation?

Where do I go to vote?

What do I need to know about absentee or mail-in voting? 

Registration Cards and Forms

Do forms ever get lost?
A. Yes, between the time a form leaves your hands and arrives at the York County Office of Elections/Voter Registration, many things can happen. If you do not receive a response to a form or letter that you send to us within two (2) weeks, please call us at 771-9604 or use our online contact us form.

What can I do if I lose my voter registration card?
A. Call the York County Office of Elections/Voter Registration at 771-9604 and we will issue a new card.

How long does it take to get my voter registration card?
A: If you applied online and received a confirmation number, call our office at 717-771-9604 and we can let you know. Otherwise, it could take up to 15 days for your card to be delivered through the mail. Call us after that period of time has elapsed.


Can a third party bring my completed ballot to the Elections Office?
A: No. It must be delivered by the individual voter.

I am not registered with the Republican nor Democratic parties. Can I vote in the primary?
A: No. Pennsylvania is a closed primary. Republicans may vote for Republicans. Democrats may vote for Democrats. Independents or other registered party members may not vote in the primary.

How can I find out information about the parties' positions on issues?
A: Contact the respective parties' website or headquarters.

How can I find our information about the candidates' position on issues?
A: Contact the respective candidates' website or headquarters.

If someone dies, how can I have their name removed from the voter registration rolls?
A: Visit our "Forms" page. Download a "Deceased Family Member" form and return the completed form with the appropriate documentation (death certificate, obituary, etc.) to the York County Office of Elections/Voter registration.

How do I remove my name from the list of voters?
A: Send a letter directing us to remove your name.

York County Office of Elections/Voter Registration
28 East Market Street
York, PA 17401.