Spring Valley Park
868 acres made of old agricultural fields and an uneven aged forest. Established in 1972.
ADDRESS: (To Animail Actiivity Area) 9777 Crest Rd, Glen Rock PA 17327). **Parking at the Animal Activity Area is only available during events.
From I-83 to Glen Rock exit; travel east on Rt 216 for .1 miles; turn right onto Potosi Rd.;
For Animal Activity Area: Travel 2.1 miles to Crest Rd., turn left onto Crest Rd. Animal Activity Area is on right.
For Trail Usage: Continue on Potosi Road. Turn right on Lehr Rd to parking lot OR continue on Potosi Rd to parking lot on left.
- Multi-Use Trails: There are over five miles of trails throughout the park. Horseback riding, mountain biking and hiking are permitted on all trails. Trails are closed to mountain biking and horseback riders during "wet conditions," as determined by park rangers. For current conditions, check out the parks Twitter page, call the Parks office at (717) 840-7440 or refer to trail open/closed signs located along park entrance areas.
- Animal Activity Area: Two horse show rings and one practice ring can be rented for a nominal fee or each one can be rented separately. All three rings are locked except on the day of rental. Numerous equestrian shows are held during the spring and summer. A schedule of events and a price listing sheet can be obtained from the Parks Office. The trails and roadways within the park offer over 12 miles of riding area and is suitable for everything from English and Western pleasure to barrel racing, pole bending and jumping.
- Horseshoe Pits: Located near Raccoon Pavilion.
- Pavilion Rental: One pavilion is located near the Animal Activity Area parking lot and restrooms. For more information, visit our pavilion rentals page.
- Fishing: All Pa. Fish Commission Regulations do apply.
- Fish for Fun Area: This one acre pond contains catfish, panfish and a number of small bass.
- East Branch of the Codorus Creek: It is a trout approved stream that is stocked several times in the spring by the Pa. Fish Commission and the Izaak Walton League.
- Hunting: Limited types of hunting is allowed in certain areas of the park by special parks permit only.
- Dog Training Area: An area of the park is open to train sporting dogs from August 1st through March 31st. The area open to off leash training is: All land within the park that is south of Potosi Rd to Potosi Road Extended and south of Park Street (Maintenance RD #6 to east of Crest Road and West of Maintenance Road #1. The fish for fun pond is open for sporting dog retrieving training during the same time. A General Use Permit is required before a dog is allowed to run off leash.