John C. Rudy Park
John C. Rudy County Park is located in East Manchester Township, near Emigsville. Totalling 150 acres, it features pavilions, sports fields, horseshoe pits, volleyball courts, open recreational space, a cross-country running trail, a BMX track and the popular Canine Meadows Off-Leash Area, one of the nation’s premier dog parks. It is also home to the Parks Administrative Offices, located in a 1798 stone house, the maintenance headquarters and numerous other buildings. The land was donated in 1973 by George B. Rudy and Viola Rudy Williams in memory of their grandparents, John and Mary Rudy.
ADDRESS: 400 Mundis Race Road, York PA 17406
From Rt. 30, follow Sherman St. north 3 miles to Mundis Race Rd; turn left, park is .6 mile on right.
- Administration Offices: The York County Department of Parks and Recreation currently maintains over 4,300 acres of land in eleven parks for your enjoyment. It is a department within the County of York Government and is administered by the York County Board of Commissioners.
- Pavilion Rentals: Eleven pavilions can be rented for a nominal fee. Capacity ranges from 50 - 200 persons. Pavilions are located near parking lots and restrooms. All are ADA accessible. Gazebos are available for a fee. For rental fees, review the pavilion rental page..
- Sand Volleyball Court: Three courts are located near pavilions. Play should be limited to one hour if another group is waiting.
- Soccer Fields: Five soccer fields are available for a fee. Information for payment and reservations same as Softball fields. Fields #1, #2, #3, and #4 are closed during "wet conditions".
- Horseshoe Pits: Located near the pavilions, bring your own horseshoes.
- Softball Fields: Three fields are available for a fee. Teams can "tentatively" reserve fields. To finalize the reservation full payment of all fees must be made within 3 weeks (21 days). If payment is not received within 21 days, the tentative reservation will be cancelled. Please pay by cash, check or credit card.
- Multi-Purpose Trail: There is an approximately 2 mile paved loop open to biking, hiking, jogging and rollerblading. Dog owners are reminded to clean up after pets. Download maps of the trails.
- 5K Cross Country Course: Enjoy running a 5 kilometer grass course that takes you to nearly every corner of the park.
- Canine Meadows: Off-leash dog area is open during regular park hours. Dogs are separated by size. For more information click here.
- Display Garden: Penn State Master Gardeners Display garden #1 evaluates and displays some of the very best plants available to Pennsylvania gardeners and landscapers. The garden is open to the public during regular park hours. Groups may contact Penn State Extension at 840-7408 to arrange special group tours. Visit the Pennsylvania Gardener Selects web site for more information.