New Freedom Museum

 

NEW FREEDOM RAILROAD STATION

Built in the mid 1860s by the Northern Central Railway, New Freedom represents the standard railroad plan for a rural station.

The station was rebuilt in 1885 by adding a larger freight shed to the end of the station. By around 1910, the building was enlarged to its current size.

Ownership of the building was transferred to the County of York in 1990. A project to restore the station to its 1940’s appearance was completed in 2003.

 

2020 DATES AND TIMES MUSEUM OPEN TO PUBLIC

   
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     

 


View Larger Map

* Porch Talks and Museum Schedule:Events at the Station

 

For additional information or to arrange group visits, please call 717-840-7440.
Thank you for visiting us! Friends of the Heritage Rail Trail Corridor
DONATIONS ARE ACCEPTED!

Back to Heritage Rail Trail Page