York/Adams HealthChoices Management Unit
The York/Adams HealthChoices Management Unit (HCMU) was created in 2001 as one of the Human Services departments which oversees the drug and alcohol and mental health services funded through the Medicaid HealthChoices Program.
The HealthChoices Program is the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s mandatory Medicaid managed care program that is administered by the Department of Public Welfare. While the Department of Public Welfare contracts directly with managed care organizations for the delivery of the physical health components of the program, the Department allowed many Counties to contract directly with them for the purpose of delivering the behavioral health services provided under the program.
While the York/Adams HealthChoices department participates in quality assurance activities, oversees the fiscal reporting requirements, identifies gaps in services, works on assisting individuals with special needs and plans for the use of reinvestment dollars, many of the day to day activities that meet members' needs are sub-contracted to a managed care organization. York and Adams Counties have contracted with Community Care Behavioral Health Organization to provide care management, network management, member services and claims management as well as other support services.
- For Information on Eligibility for HealthChoices Behavioral Health/Substance Use Click Here
- For current Solicitation of Interest or Request for Proposals Click Here
- Mobile Psychiatric Rehab RFP for Transition Aged Youth Click Here
Now Accepting Referrals:
- Holcomb Behavioral Health Telepsychiatry
- Parent Child Interactive Therapy (PCIT)
New Providers In the Network
- Child and Family Support Services, Inc.
- Mental Health Outpatient Clinic, providing Bilingual individual/family therapy and psychiatric services.
- Location: 18 S. George St., Suite 703, York PA 17401
- Phone Number: 717-900-4273
- Accepting Referrals
- Coming Soon-Please Check Back for More Details
- Outpatient Drug and Alcohol
- Medication Assisted Therapy for Drug and Alcohol Treatment
- Drug and Alcohol Partial Hospitalization
Specialty Treatment Options:
- Alder Health Services
- Alder Health Services provides strength based and client centered services to individuals in the South Central Pennsylvania Region.
- Available services include individual and couples behavioral health therapy, psychiatric evaluations and medication management.
- Mental Health Services Available:
- Individual Counseling
- Couple Counseling
- Transgender Services
- Psychiatric Services and Assessment
- Medication Management
- For more information Alder House can be researched at www.alderhealth.org.