York/Adams HealthChoices Management Unit
The York/Adams HealthChoices Management Unit (HCMU) was created in 2001 as one of the Human Services departments which oversees the drug and alcohol and mental health services funded through the Medicaid HealthChoices Program.
The HealthChoices Program is the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s mandatory Medicaid managed care program that is administered by the Department of Public Welfare. While the Department of Public Welfare contracts directly with managed care organizations for the delivery of the physical health components of the program, the Department allowed many Counties to contract directly with them for the purpose of delivering the behavioral health services provided under the program.
While the York/Adams HealthChoices department participates in quality assurance activities, oversees the fiscal reporting requirements, identifies gaps in services, works on assisting individuals with special needs and plans for the use of reinvestment dollars, many of the day to day activities that meet members' needs are sub-contracted to a managed care organization. York and Adams Counties have contracted with Community Care Behavioral Health Organization to provide care management, network management, member services and claims management as well as other support services.
- For Information on Eligibility for HealthChoices Behavioral Health/Substance Use Click Here
- For current Solicitation of Interest or Request for Proposals Click Here
Now Accepting Referrals:
- Holcomb Behavioral Health Telepsychiatry
- Parent Child Interactive Therapy (PCIT)
- York/Adams HealthChoices Recovery House/Bridge Support Subsidy Program
- The Bridge Support/Recovery House Program, is a Reinvestment Plan for recovery house room and board subsidies for York and Adams HealthChoices Members. This subsidy has been established to assist members in need of financial assistance with limited income and assets. For more informaiton Click Here
Specialty Treatment Options:
- Alder Health Services
- Alder Health Services provides strength based and client centered services to individuals in the South Central Pennsylvania Region.
- Available services include individual and couples behavioral health therapy, psychiatric evaluations and medication management.
- Mental Health Services Available:
- Individual Counseling
- Couple Counseling
- Transgender Services
- Psychiatric Services and Assessment
- Medication Management
- For more information Alder House can be researched at www.alderhealth.org.
The County of York has Issued the 2015-2016 Human Services Plan for Review