Welcome to the York County Sheriff's Office. Here you will find information about programs and services provided for the community by the Sheriff's Office.
The Sheriff is an elected county official and is an officer of the County Courts, both civil and criminal. The Sheriff or his/her deputies are responsible for serving subpoenas, orders and notices issued by the courts, serving various writs and processes, and provide security in the courtrooms during sessions. He/she is responsible for transporting and securing prisoners to and from correctional facilities within the county and state as well as assisting with extraditions of prisoners (fugitives) apprehended out of state. He/she also transports mental health patients and juvenile offenders.
See security notice below
Chief Deputy, Administration
Chief Deputy, Operations
Deputy Sheriff Edward "Skip" Schroeder, Jr
Deputy Schroeder was attending the Deputy Sheriffs Training Academy in State College, Pennsylvania. On Monday, January 10, 2005, Deputy Schroeder was in the 12th lap of a 12 lap indoor running exercise at the academy when he collapsed. Deputy Schroeder was immediately connected to a defibrillator, but was unable to be revived. Deputy Schroeder had been employed by the York County Sheriff's Department for 16 months.
Sheriff's Office News
- The York County Sheriff's Office is pleased to announce the addition of a new York County, Pa Sheriff's Office Mobile App.....
- During the time period of 6/20/2016 through 7/4/2016 the York County Sheriff's Office Criminal Response Unit arrested 23 individuals on 53 warrants
- During the time period of 6/6/2016 through 6/17/2016 the York County Sheriff's Office Criminal Response Unit arrested 24 individuals on 31 warrants
- During the time period of 5/30/2016 through 6/03/2016 the York County Sheriff's Office Criminal Response Unit arrested 20 individuals on 26 warrants
- During the time period of 5/16/2016 through 5/27/2016 the York County Sheriff's Office Criminal Response Unit arrested 29 individuals on 95 warrants
- During the time period of 5/02/2016 through 5/13/2016 the York County Sheriff's Office Criminal Response Unit arrested 21 individuals on 59 warrants
- During the time period of 4/11/2016 through 4/15/2016 the York County Sheriff's Office Criminal Response Unit arrested 25 individuals on 37 warrants
PHONE SCAM ALERT
It has come to our attention that there have been phone solicitations or communications using the name of the York County Sheriff’s Office.
The callers identify themselves as being with the York County Sheriff’s Office and request the payment of fees, debts, or monies to satisfy warrants. The actor perpetrating this fraud may even use the threat of arrest if fees are not paid.
The phone number displayed on your phone I.D. may be electronically blocked or may actually display The York County Sheriff’s Office phone number.
The York County Sheriff’s Office does not call to collect fees or debts for any company or individual or to satisfy a warrant.
Some of the possible requested payment methods are as follows:
Wire Money Transfer
Pre-Paid Debit Card / Green Dot Money Cards
Personal Check / Checking Account Number
If you receive this type of phone solicitation, please gather as much information as possible and immediately contact your local police department and the PA Sheriff’s Association at (877-236-7335).
Sheriff's Office K-9 Program
Download the York County, Pa Sheriff App by clicking:
Non-emergency number for 911 center:717-840-2971
Sheriff's Office Main Line: 717-771-9601
For security reasons the following items are not permitted in the Judicial Center: cell phones, cameras, pagers, radios, compact disk players, any type of recording device, pepper spray, mace, tools, cutting instruments, electronic games, food or drink, and any other item Sheriff's Office Personnel determine to be a security risk.