Welcome to the York County Sheriff's Office. Here you will find information about programs and services provided for the community by the Sheriff's Office.
The Sheriff is an elected county official and is an officer of the County Courts, both civil and criminal. The Sheriff or his/her deputies are responsible for serving subpoenas, orders and notices issued by the courts, serving various writs and processes, and provide security in the courtrooms during sessions. He/she is responsible for transporting and securing prisoners to and from correctional facilities within the county and state as well as assisting with extraditions of prisoners (fugitives) apprehended out of state. He/she also transports mental health patients and juvenile offenders.
See security notice below
Chief Deputy, Administration
Chief Deputy, Operations
Deputy Sheriff Edward "Skip" Schroeder, Jr
Deputy Schroeder was attending the Deputy Sheriffs Training Academy in State College, Pennsylvania. On Monday, January 10, 2005, Deputy Schroeder was in the 12th lap of a 12 lap indoor running exercise at the academy when he collapsed. Deputy Schroeder was immediately connected to a defibrillator, but was unable to be revived. Deputy Schroeder had been employed by the York County Sheriff's Department for 16 months.
Sheriff's Office News
- York County Sheriff's Office Deputy Sheriff Wayne Boyce retires
- York County Sheriff's Office Wanted Persons the week of March 3 2017
- York County Sheriff's Office Solicitor Peter J. Mangan retires
- York County Sheriff's Office Deputies assist man in cardiac arrest
- Sheriff's Office K9 Unit provides assistance at local bomb threat
- Sheriff's Office K9 Dargo visits local Brownie / Girl Scouts
- The Sheriff's Office welcomes K9 Sergeant Hawk to the team
- The Sheriff's Office is looking for qualified individuals to join the team
- Sheriff's Office K9 Unit receives donation......
- K9 Lou trains at local retirement community
- Fox 43 Recognizes the Sheriff's Office
- Check out the Sheriff's Office Most Wanted Facebook Page
- Sheriff Keuerleber congratulates newest training academy graduates from the Sheriff's Office
- The York County Sheriff's Office is pleased to announce the addition of a new York County, Pa Sheriff's Office Mobile App.....
PHONE SCAM ALERT
It has come to our attention that there have been phone solicitations or communications using the name of the York County Sheriff’s Office.
The callers identify themselves as being with the York County Sheriff’s Office and request the payment of fees, debts, or monies to satisfy warrants. The actor perpetrating this fraud may even use the threat of arrest if fees are not paid.
The phone number displayed on your phone I.D. may be electronically blocked or may actually display The York County Sheriff’s Office phone number.
The York County Sheriff’s Office does not call to collect fees or debts for any company or individual or to satisfy a warrant.
Some of the possible requested payment methods are by Credit Card, Wire Money Transfer, PayPal, Pre-Paid Debit Card / Green Dot Money Cards, or Personal Check / Checking Account Number
If you receive this type of phone solicitation, please gather as much information as possible and immediately contact your local police department and the PA Sheriff’s Association at (877-236-7335).
Sheriff's Office K-9 Program
Contact Lt. Godfrey at DMGodfrey@Yorkcountypa.gov to request a K9 demonstration for your school, event or organization.
Download the York County, Pa Sheriff App by clicking:
Follow us on social media by clicking on the icons below
Sheriff's Office Official Facebook Page
Sheriff's Office Wanted Persons Facebook Page
Sheriff's Office Official Twitter Page
Non-emergency number for 911 center:717-840-2971
Sheriff's Office Main Line: 717-771-9601
For security reasons the following items are not permitted in the Judicial Center: cell phones, cameras, pagers, radios, compact disk players, any type of recording device, pepper spray, mace, tools, cutting instruments, electronic games, food or drink, and any other item Sheriff's Office Personnel determine to be a security risk.