Q: How do we get to your office?
A: The Public Defender’s Office is located on the third floor of the York County Judicial Center on 45 North George Street, York, PA 17401. Directions can be obtained online at maps.google.com . It is located at the corner of Philadelphia Street and George Street.

Q: Where should we park?
A: Parking is not provided by the Public Defender’s Office, you should park wherever you can downtown. There are parking garages located on West Philadelphia Street and East Market Street, and there are also metered spots on the streets.

Q: Do you validate parking?
A: No, the Public Defender’s Office does not validate parking.

Q: Can my family members call and ask questions for me and discuss my case?
A: No, the Public Defender’s Office will not discuss case information with anyone outside of the client, unless you have signed a release for your attorney to speak with specific individuals.

Q: Why doesn’t my attorney return phone calls?
A: Your attorney will return your call. They may have been in trial, hearings all day, or out of the office and have prioritized your message. Please be patient while your attorney deals with the demands of all his/her cases. If your case needs immediate attention, call the main office and ask to speak to your attorney’s Legal Assistant.

Q: Do you have the number to Adult Probation/Domestic Relations/Clerks Office/Costs and Fines/District Attorney?
A: Adult Probation: 771-9602
Domestic Relations: 771-9605
Clerk of Courts: 771-9612
Costs and Fines: 771-9612
District Attorney: 771-9600

Q: Who is my attorney and when is my next court date?
A: That information can be obtained from Pennsylvania’s Unified Judicial System webportal at http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/ and selecting which Court your case is located at and entering your information. If you cannot find your case there, you can call the main office at 717-771-9217, then press 0 for the receptionist of adult cases or press 252 for the Juvenile unit.

Q: Does the Public Defender’s Office handle Custody/Visitation Rights/Landlord Issues/Employment problems?
A: No, the Public Defender’s Office does not have those types of cases. You can contact Mid-Penn Legal Services at 717-848-3605 or the York County Bar Association at 717-854-8755 to find an attorney who does handle those specific types of cases.

Q. What is the contact information for York County Juvenile Probation, York County Youth Development Center, York County Children, Youth and Families, and York County MH-IDD?
A: York County Juvenile Probation 717-771-9567
York County Youth Development Center 717-840-7570
York County Children, Youth and Families 717-771-9868
York County MH-IDD 717-771-9618

Q. Who can I talk to if my child is charged with a crime?
A. If your child (under age 18) is charged with a misdemeanor or felony offense, you may contact our office and ask to speak to someone in the Juvenile Unit. We do not represent children charged with truancy, curfew, summary offenses or traffic offenses.