Divorce Hearing Officers

What We Docourthousewide

The Divorce Officers are part of the Family Law Division of the Court of Common Pleas. Hearing Officers are appointed by the court to conduct hearings and make recommendations in divorce cases where the parties have been unable to resolve issues involving fault divorce, irretrievable breakdown of the marriage, distribution of property, alimony, or related economic claims.  For a more detailed description of how the divorce officers system works, visit our FAQ page.

The Divorce Officers Office does not provide legal advice or represent individual parties in divorce actions.  Those seeking advice or representation should contact the 'Attorney Connection,' also known as the Lawyer Referral Service of the York County Bar Association.  Inquiries about the status of particular divorce actions and requests for copies of divorce decrees should be directed to the Prothonotary.


Please read this disclaimer regarding information found on this site.