The goal of the Purchasing Department is to procure supplies, equipment, and services for all county departments at the best possible price. Procurements are made through methods such as direct purchases with purchase orders, online purchasing, requests for proposals, sealed bids, and the use of the county procurement card.
- $19,400 AND ABOVE – Advertised Sealed Bid
- $10,500 to $19,400 – Requires Three (3) written/telephonic quotes
- $1.00 to $10,500 – Direct purchase (No quotes needed)
- All purchases over $10,000 must be approved at a Commissioner’s Meeting
- Purchases that are available on State Contract/COSTARS may be purchased without bidding as long as all County Procedures are followed.
Any vendor interested in being added to our bidders’ list should fill out the application and fax it to 717-771-9226 or email it to TLBlessing@yorkcountypa.gov.
A copy of the “Purchasing Manual “ is available by calling 771-9269, 771-9275 or emailing TLBlessing@yorkcountypa.gov.
The Purchasing Department operates from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except holidays.