How can I check on the status of my case?

If you have an attorney, you should call that attorney and ask. If you do not have an attorney and your case was filed in York County, then the Prothonotary can tell you which documents have been filed and whether any court proceedings have been scheduled. You can call the Prothonotary at 717-771-9611. If you are simply waiting for the decree to be signed, then the District Court Administrator can tell you whether the file has been sent to a judge for signature. You can call the District Court Administrator at 717-771-9234. Do not attempt to call an individual judge or hearing master to ask about your case. If you do, you will be told to call your attorney, the Prothonotary, or the District Court Administrator.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Divorce Hearing Officer?
2. How should I dress in court?
3. How should I act in court?
4. Do I need an attorney?
5. What if I don't have an attorney?
6. What if I can't afford an attorney?
7. How can I check on the status of my case?
8. If I have something I want to tell a judge or a divorce hearing officer, should I call them or write them a letter?