- Elections & Voter Registration
- Election Information
- Campaign Finance
The information on this page is not legal advice and is not an advisory opinion from York County Elections & Voter Registration. It is intended for informational purposes only. Please consult with private counsel for any legal advice.
Please refer to the PA Department of State Campaign Finance website for additional information on Campaign Finance.
The below calendars are subject to change without notice. In accordance with Campaign Finance Law, late fees per report will be charged at $20 per day for the first six days that a report is late and $10 per day thereafter up to a maximum penalty of $250.
For your report to be accepted as timely filed, you must postmark your report at least one day prior to the filing deadline.
2023 Pennsylvania Elections Important Dates to Remember (PDF)
2022 Campaign Finance Reporting Calendar
State-Level Candidates and Committees
All state-level candidates and committees are to mail or hand-deliver their original, completed documents to:
Department of State
Bureau of Campaign Finance & Lobbying Disclosure
500 North Office Building
Harrisburg, PA 17120
State-level candidates and committees are to mail or hand-deliver copies of their completed documents to the York County Elections and Voter Registration Office.
Local-Level Candidates and Committees
All local-level candidates and committees are to mail or hand-deliver their original, completed documents to the York County Elections and Voter Registration Office.
Campaign Finance Reports
Waiver of Expense Account Reporting
- Candidates can use this form if they do not intend to spend or receive contributions in excess of $250.00 in a reporting period and if they do not register a committee.
- This form waives their Campaign Finance reporting requirements as long as they do not exceed $250.00 in expenses or contributions in a reporting period and if they do not register a committee.
- Waiver of Expense Account Reporting (PDF)
Campaign Finance Report (DSEB-502)
- This form is intended for the use of candidates, political committees, and contributing lobbyists that are required to disclose contributions and expenditures. Further instructions are available within the form.
- Campaign Finance Report (DSEB-502)
Campaign Finance Statement (DSEB-503)
- You may file this statement in lieu of the full Campaign Finance Report (DSEB-502) when the amount of contributions (including in-kind contributions) received, the amount of money expended, and the liabilities incurred each did not exceed $250.00 during the reported period. Further instructions are available within the form.
- Campaign Finance Statement (DSEB-503)
- Candidates and political committees which receive any contribution or pledge of $500 or more after the final pre-primary/pre-election report must report such contribution to the appropriate office. The candidate, chairperson, or treasurer of the political committee shall send the report of late contributions within 24 hours of receipt of the contribution. These contributions must be reported through and including the day of the primary/election.
- 24-Hour Reporting Form
Optional - Unsworn Declarations
- If a candidate or committee is unable to obtain a notary, they may use the Unsworn Declaration. Please see the PA State Department Website below for the proper forms.
- Unsworn Declarations - PA Department of State
Committee Registration Paperwork
Political Committee Registration Statement (DSEB-500)
- Use this form to register a new political committee. You may also use it to amend the original registration when the committee appoints a new chairperson or treasurer, or changes any required information.
- Political Committee Registration Statement
Authorization for a Political Committee to Receive Funds on Behalf of a Candidate (DSEB-501)
- The Pennsylvania Election Code provides that no treasurer of a political committee shall receive any money on behalf of a candidate until such political committee has been authorized in writing by the candidate on this form. Further instructions are available within the form.
- Authorization for a Political Committee to Receive Funds on Behalf of a Candidate (DSEB-501)
Please see the Pennsylvania Department of State Campaign Finance Forms and Reports website for additional forms that may be required for reporting or registering.