Established in 1977, William H. Kain County Park consists of 1,637 acres and 2 lakes, Lake Williams (220 acres) and Lake Redman (290 acres). The park is made possible through a 50 year lease agreement between the County of York and The York Water Company.
ADDRESS: To Lake Redman Activity Area: 274 Hess Farm Road, York PA 17403
From York, follow S. George St. to Jacobus;
For Lake Redman, turn left onto Church St. and go .6 mile to boat launch area on left.
For Lake Williams, turn right onto Water St. and go .5 mile to main parking area.
Click here for the park brochure and trail map.
- Fishing: Fish types are Crappy, Sunfish, Catfish, Large Mouth Bass, Pike, Muskie, and Stripers. Both Lakes are designated as Big Bass Lakes by the Pa. Fish Commission.
- Boating: Rentals are available on Lake Redman (rowboats, paddle boats, canoes and kayaks). For more detailed information, visit our Boat Rental page. Boat rentals are closed for the 2022 season.
- Boating Rules and Regulations: Click here for Parks Rules and Regulations.
- Launching: Lake Williams offers 1 boat launch. It has limited space for trailer parking. Gas motors cannot be used.
- Pavilion Rentals: Five pavilions are available for a nominal fee at Lake Redman. For reservation information or to make a reservation, click here for our Online Pavilion Rental Page.
- Hunting: Limited hunting is allowed with special permits. Call the parks office for up-to-date information.
- Horseshoe Pits: Horseshoe pits are located near pavilions.
- Playground: Located near pavilion area at Lake Redman.
- Volleyball: One court is available near Lake Redman.
- Kain Memorial: Remembering innocent victims of alcohol and drug-related crashes in York County. Click here for more information on the Kain Memorial.
- Multi-use Trails: There are over 12 miles of marked trails. Horseback riding, mountain biking and hiking are permitted on all trails. Trails are closed to mountain bikers and horseback riders during "wet conditions," as determined by Park Rangers. For current conditions, check out the park's Facebook or Twitter page, or call the Parks Office and press 1 for trail updates (available 24 hours a day), or refer to trail open/closed signs located along park entrance areas. Remember hikers yield to horseback riders and bikers yield to both hikers and horseback riders.
- Radio Controlled Airplanes: A radio controlled airplane landing strip is located off South Pleasant Ave. All "fliers" must belong to the Prop Buster Radio Control Club.