Canine Meadows is an off-leash dog park within John Rudy County Park.
Requirements, Rules and Regulations for Canine Meadows:
Dogs must be state licensed, vaccinated and wearing current ID tags. Dogs must be healthy, no contagious conditions.
Rules and Regulations:
- Dogs must be 4 months of age.
- Dogs are not allowed to dig, fill immediately.
- Open dawn to dusk, no fee.
- Waste must be collected immediately & placed in proper receptacle.
- You are responsible for injuries inflicted by your dog to other dogs or people.
- Meadows can be closed during wet conditions.
- Open one gate at a time in the double-gated area. Open and close it before opening the next one to enter the off-leash area.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering or exiting the fenced-in area. (leash & unleash your dog inside the double-gated area)
- Dogs over 30 pounds not permitted in small dog area. No dog less than 30 lbs is allowed in large dog area.
- Dog owners/handlers must keep their dog (s) in view at all times. (never left unattended)
- Dogs showing aggressive behavior must be removed immediately.
- Children under 49 inches in height are not permitted, adults must accompany children up to 15 years of age.
- Food/treats (dog or human) are not allowed.
- Handlers must be at least 16 yrs of age.
- Excessive dog barking not allowed.
- Limit (3) dogs per adult handler.
- Dogs in-heat are not permitted .
- Wear flat collars only.
- No dog grooming.
- No Smoking.
- Please do not leave any toys, dishes or trash in the meadows.
- Small dog toys permitted.
Dog owners and their invitees shall indemnify, save harmless and defend the County of York from any and all claims, actions, damages, injuries and/or expenses arising out of this activity or event at the York County Parks facility. Canine Meadows Off-Leash Area is subject to compliance with the above conditions and rules/regulations of the York County Department of Parks and Recreation and may result in a citation and/or removal for any violation of said rules and regulations.
In case of emergency, call 911. Non-emergency or questions (717) 840-7440
York County Parks, 400 Mundis Race Road. York Pa 17406