NARCAN (Naloxone) Funding Initiative
The Commission's goal is to provide local entities with Narcan in order to encourage widespread use in the hopes of preventing opioid-related overdose deaths. Free Narcan is available for qualifying entities through the Commission in accordance with stipulations outlined in the Narcan Funding Agreement.
Commission qualifying entities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Community: Drug and Alcohol licensed treatment providers, recovery support entities, etc.
- Fire/EMS: Fire Departments and Basic Life Support Emergency Medical Services
- Police: County Police Departments
Further, funding for Narcan is intended for the following use:
- Utilization at entity site: Maintained on-site for revival at the on-site location of the entity
- Utilization in the field: Maintained for the revival of individuals in the field
- Distribution to community members: The approved Licensed EMS Agency after responding to an opioid-related overdose, can distribute to a family member, friend or person who can take receipt of a dose of Narcan or the overdose victim if he/she shows a willingness and desire to accept Narcan. For the purpose, of having a community member utilize for revival and agreement to call 911 in an overdose emergency.
The York/Adams Drug and Alcohol Commission (YADAC) and Minnich's Pharmacy are pleased to announce a new partnership for Narcan distribution. Effective AUGUST 1, 2018, Minnich's Pharmacy will be the sole distributor of YADAC's Narcan. This transition shall ensure expedient mobile delivery of Narcan, allow for best practice through re-distribution of expiring Narcan, in addition to supporting leave-behind Narcan Kits for EMS distribution.
Outline of the New Agreement
- All deliveries will be mobile and will be made the same day if the order is placed by 11 am, Monday through Saturday. If the request for supply is made after 11 am, delivery will be the next day. Requests made after 11 am. Saturday will be delivered Monday.
- Minnich's Pharmacy On-Call Service will be available 24/7 for emergencies only and may be reached at 717-676-0671. After 9 pm. Monday through Friday, after 6 pm. Saturday or anytime Sunday will be considered an emergency. Holidays shall be considered an emergency.
- Minnich's Pharmacy will re-distribute Narcan supplies with 6 months until expiration to high volume facilities. As such, all receiving entities must internally monitor the expiration dates of the Narcan they receive. Upon approaching 6 months until expiration, submit a Narcan Client Order Form (PDF) to Minnich's including the full replacement number of Narcan needed. Further, gather all expiring Narcan and give to Minnich's at the time of delivery so they may re-distribute.
- EMS are HIGHLY encouraged to provide leave-behind Narcan to overdose victims who refuse transport. As such, leave-behind Kits have been developed for this explicit purpose. Please order the number of leave-behind Kits on the Narcan Client Order Form(PDF).
- All entities who have not yet signed a PCCD EMS Narcan Agreement must do so. Please see the instructions below under "Narcan Initiative Approval".
Narcan Initiative Approval
To be approved for the YADAC Narcan Initiative, please complete and submit the Adams Narcan Approval Process Documents (PDF) or York Narcan Approval Process Documents (PDF) to the York/Adams Drug and Alcohol Commission Narcan Email.
Note - If you have already been approved, you only need to fill out the PCCD EMS Agreement form for your respective County.
When re-ordering, please complete and submit the Narcan Client Order Form (PDF) to the York/Adams Drug and Alcohol Commission Narcan Email and Minnichs Pharmacy Email.
All entities receiving Narcan through YADAC funding are required to complete and submit a Narcan Utilization Report (PDF) in order to effectively track the utilization of Narcan.
Reports must be completed each time Narcan is utilized and must be submitted to York/Adams Drug and Alcohol Commission Narcan Email no later than the 15th day of each month for the previous month's utilization.
If having trouble opening forms or links, try opening with a different browser.
Narcan Training Presentation
- View a PDF version of the York County Human Service Narcan Training Presentation (PDF)