Criminal Appeals

Superior Court Appeals

Appealing to The Superior Court of Pennsylvania for a Common Pleas Court decision you have 30 days from the date of sentence to file a notice of appeal to the superior court in the clerk of courts office

If PACFiled, no copies are required. If not PACFiled, one original must be filed with the Clerk of Courts with filing fees of $73.50 payable to the York County Clerk of Courts and a separate filing fee of $90.25 made payable to the Prothonotary of the Superior Court, or a petition for In forma pauperis (In the manner of a pauper). Permission is given to indigent or poverty-stricken individual to appeal without payment of court fees.