General Requirements for the position of Deputy Sheriff:
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age prior to appointment.
- Must be in good physical condition with weight in proportion to height.
- Must be able to pass the physical agility requirements as mandated by the Deputy Sheriff’s Academy as a prerequisite for employment.
- No civilian or military criminal history of misdemeanor or felony offenses. Summary and/or ordinance arrest and convictions will be evaluated and may be cause for rejection. No pending civil actions.
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License and a Pennsylvania License to Carry a Concealed Firearm.
- Retired police officers are encouraged to apply.