Area Agency On Aging
Home-based services are available to assist consumers who are able to live independently but are having difficulty meeting their activities of daily living. The consumers appropriate for this service generally require less than 5 hours per week assistance. Care managers complete an in-home assessment to determine the areas of need with their activities of daily living, to develop a care plan, and to authorize the services needed to help the consumer remain living independently.
Activities of daily living include assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming.
Respite care enables the sole caregiver of a consumer to leave the home for short periods weekly for business or recreational purposes.
Trained care assistants from contracted Home Health Agencies provide the services authorized by the care manager.
Eligibility for In-home Services
To be eligible for In-home Services an individual must be:
- A York County resident in a non-institutional setting.
- 60 years of age or older.
- Have a physical, mental, or emotional disability that requires assistance in order to remain living independently in their home.
- Homebound to the extent that they are unable to leave their residences without assistance and/or supervision.
- Lack adequate informal support from family or others.