Bail can be posted at the Clerk of Courts Office, located on the 1st Floor in the York County Judicial Center during the hours of 8:15am to 4:00pm, excluding holidays. After 6:00pm, you may post bail by calling 911.
York County Judicial Center
Clerk of Courts Office
45 North George Street
York, PA 17401
Bail may be posted at the Magisterial District Judge hearing.
Type of Payments Accepted:
- Only cash or certified check is accepted for posting bail. York County does not accept percentage bails. The full amount of cash bail needs to be posted.
- Bail bondsmen
- Surety Company ex. Lexington, Seneca
Real estate can be posted as surety for bail, however, the following regulations apply:
- Property located within the Commonwealth as provided in the PA Rules of Criminal Procedure in Rule 528(D)(3) or outside of the Commonwealth but within the United States as provided in Rule 528(D)(4).
- A certificate of title must be completed either by an Attorney or by a title search company certifying that the property is unencumbered and valued at least the amount of the bail.
- If the property is jointly held, all those named on the deed must sign the bail certificate. Certificate of title needs to be notarized.
- The certificate of title will be returned to the District Attorney's office for approval by an Assistant District Attorney or the County Detective who will initial the certificate if it appears to be in order.
- The certificate of title is then taken to the Clerk of Courts. The Clerk will then execute the bail certificate and arrange for the prisoner's release.
- If you are interested in posting a property bail, you need to pickup the forms and instruction packet at Court Administration which is located on the 4th floor of the Judicial Center.
If a "third party surety" posts the bail, they will receive a refund of the money within 40 days of the final disposition or prison report date.
- More information on bail (Adobe Reader Required)
- Approved Bail Bondsman (Adobe Reader Required)
- York County Bail Bondsman Ordinance (Adobe Reader Required)
- Amendment to York County Bail Bondsman Ordinance (Adobe Reader Required)
- Bail Bondsman Monthly Bond Status Report (Adobe Reader Required)
- Bail Bondsman Monthly Bond Status Report (Excel)
- Bail Piece Request Check List (Adobe Reader Required)
- Bail Piece Application (Adobe Reader Required)