Courts & Criminal Justice
Court/Court Related Offices
Welcome to the York County Sheriff's Office. Here you will find information about programs and services provided for the community by the Sheriff's Office.
The Sheriff is an elected county official and is an officer of the County Courts, both civil and criminal. The Sheriff or his/her deputies are responsible for serving subpoenas, orders and notices issued by the courts, serving various writs and processes, and provide security in the courtrooms during sessions. He/she is responsible for transporting and securing prisoners to and from correctional facilities within the county and state as well as assisting with extraditions of prisoners (fugitives) apprehended out of state. He/she also transports mental health patients and juvenile offenders.
See security notice below
Chief Deputy, Administration
Chief Deputy, Operations
Deputy Sheriff Edward "Skip" Schroeder, Jr
Deputy Schroeder was attending the Deputy Sheriffs Training Academy in State College, Pennsylvania. On Monday, January 10, 2005, Deputy Schroeder was in the 12th lap of a 12 lap indoor running exercise at the academy when he collapsed. Deputy Schroeder was immediately connected to a defibrillator, but was unable to be revived. Deputy Schroeder had been employed by the York County Sheriff's Department for 16 months.
Sheriff's Office K-9 Program
October 3rd, 2015 - Hanover Home Depot 9am until 2pm
October 7th, 2015 - Yorkanna Fire Company Open House 530pm until 730 pm
October 7th, 2015 - Dover Borough Fire Department Open House 6pm-8pm
Sheriff's Office News
- During the time period of 8/17/2015 through 8/21/2015 the York County Sheriff's Office Criminal Response Unit arrested 30 individuals on 68 warrants
- During the time period of 8/10/2015 through 8/14/2015 the York County Sheriff's Office Criminal Response Unit arrested 21 individuals on 28 warrants
- During the time period of 7/27/2015 through 8/7/2015 the York County Sheriff's Office Criminal Response Unit arrested 35 individuals on 97 warrants
- During the time period of 7/20/2015 through 7/24/2015 the York County Sheriff's Office Criminal Response Unit arrested 21 individuals on 38 warrants
- During the time period of 7/13/2015 through 7/17/2015 the York County Sheriff's Office Criminal Response Unit arrested 24 individuals on 66 warrants
- During the time period of 6/29/2015 through 7/10/2015 the York County Sheriff's Office Criminal Response Unit arrested 42 individuals on 81 warrants
Non-emergency number for 911 center:717-840-2971
Sheriff's Office Main Line: 717-771-9601
For security reasons the following items are not permitted in the Judicial Center: cell phones, cameras, pagers, radios, compact disk players, any type of recording device, pepper spray, mace, tools, cutting instruments, electronic games, food or drink, and any other item Sheriff's Office Personnel determine to be a security risk.