Barry L. Bloss, CORONER
717-840-7617, Fax 717-840-7618
Vivian L. Howell, Administrative Assistant
The York County Coroner's Office is Responsible For:
- The investigation and completion of the death certificate for the following types of death:
- Sudden deaths not caused by readily recognizable disease
- Deaths occurring under suspicious circumstance or as a result of violence or trauma
- Operative and peri-operative
- Unidentified or unclaimed bodies
- Contagious diseases and any other disease reportable to the state health department
- Sudden infant death syndrome
- Bodies to be cremated, buried at sea or otherwise idsposed of so as to be thereafter unavailable for examination. Funeral homes will contact coroner
- Computerized death records or coroner's cases from 1858 up to the present time.
- Monthly statistics of homicides, suicides and motor vehicle accidents.
- Annual statistics of all causes of death within the realm of coroner participation.